RIVERSPORT plans to open in 2021 with COVID-19 precautions in place according to state and local guidelines. Updated information will be posted as it becomes available.
As state and local authorities have lifted restrictions associated with COVID-19 in 2020, RIVERSPORT entered Phase III of our multi-phased re-opening plan.
All adventures, facilities, lessons, camps, private events and programs are in full operation within the guidelines as noted in the COVID-19 Precautions below. The activities that remain closed during the initial launch of Phase III are:
• Rumble Drop, Sky Zip & Spider Climb – Boathouse District
• Adventures – Lake Overholser
• Athletics – team boats
Summer camps are being held with modified plans that include limiting camper group sizes and adjusting pickup/drop-off procedures to limit interactions.
RIVERSPORT facilities are open with limitations on group sizes to ensure social distancing.
RIVERSPORT is instituting precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus by conducting interactions outdoors whenever possible, disinfecting all equipment between uses, and requiring hand sanitizer use before and after activities. Since these precautions will slow operations, we ask for everyone’s patience.
For guest, member and staff safety, the following protocols have been established.
- Will be monitored daily for potential exposure and symptoms including temperature checks
- Are wearing face masks indoors. Outside, staff wears masks except when they interfere with safety
- Are using hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day
- Are maintaining social distancing except when needed to safely operate an activity (safety harnessing, raft guiding or assisting a guest in distress, for example)
- Will disinfect high touch surfaces frequently throughout the day
- Maintain safe social distancing whenever possible; some activities such as rafting, for example, require being in proximity.
- Use hand sanitizer both before and after participating
- Wear a face mask indoors per the City of Oklahoma City emergency order in effect July 18, 2020
- Do not participate if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus or know that you have been exposed
- Kayaks and SUPs will be spaced six or more feet apart on the launch dock
- RIVERSPORT will disinfect all equipment, rafts, tubes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards and paddles using antimicrobial disinfectant before being used by a guest
- PFDs will be treated with solution of antimicrobial disinfectant before being used by a guest.
- High touch surfaces such as iPods, door handle, counters, etc., will be disinfected frequently
RIVERSPORT has developed these plans based on the Open Up and Recover Safely (OURS) Plan implemented by Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt and Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt’s revised Proclamation of State of Emergency for the city .
All plans are subject to change based on emerging state, local and CDC guidelines and RIVERSPORT’s ability to staff and operate activities appropriately.
Information and guidelines will be updated as the situation continues to evolve. If you have questions or need additional information, please email or call (405) 552-4040