RIVERSPORT is operating with COVID-19 precautions in place according to state and local guidelines.
All adventures, facilities, lessons, camps, private events and programs are in full operation within current state and local guidelines.
Summer camps are being held with modified plans that include limiting camper group sizes and adjusting pickup/drop-off procedures to limit interactions.
RIVERSPORT facilities are open with limitations on group sizes to ensure social distancing. Masks are required indoors per current City of Oklahoma City requirements.
Guidelines specific to coached rowing programs are available here.
RIVERSPORT is instituting precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus by conducting interactions outdoors whenever possible, disinfecting all equipment between uses, and requiring hand sanitizer use before and after activities. Since these precautions will slow operations, we ask for everyone’s patience.
For guest, member and staff safety, the following protocols have been established.
- Will be monitored daily for potential exposure and symptoms
- Are wearing face masks indoors.
- Are using hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day
- Are maintaining social distancing except when needed to safely operate an activity (safety harnessing, raft guiding or assisting a guest in distress, for example)
- Are disinfecting high touch surfaces frequently throughout the day
Guest/Members are asked to…
- Maintain safe social distancing whenever possible; some activities such as rafting, for example, require being in proximity.
- Use hand sanitizer both before and after participating
- Wear a face mask indoors per the City of Oklahoma City emergency order in effect July 18, 2020
- Do not participate if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus or know that you have been exposed
- Kayaks and SUPs will be spaced six or more feet apart on the launch dock
- RIVERSPORT will disinfect all equipment using antimicrobial disinfectant before providing to a guest
- PFDs will be treated with solution of antimicrobial disinfectant before being used by a guest.
- High touch surfaces such as iPads, door handles, counters, etc., will be disinfected frequently
RIVERSPORT has developed these plans based on the Open Up and Recover Safely (OURS) Plan implemented by Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt and Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt’s revised Proclamation of State of Emergency for the city .
All plans are subject to change based on emerging state, local and CDC guidelines and RIVERSPORT’s ability to staff and operate activities appropriately.
Information and guidelines are updated as the situation continues to evolve. If you have questions or need additional information, please email or call (405) 552-4040