Quick Tips for First Time Visitors
Welcome to RIVERSPORT where you’ll find world-class outdoor adventures and Olympic sports in a unique urban setting.
As a nonprofit, RIVERSPORT re-invests every dollar you spend with us into daily operations, youth outreach, veterans, adaptive and seniors programs, and support for the athletes who train with us in hopes of making it to the Olympic Games. So thank you…and enjoy your adventure!
If you’re coming for RIVERSPORT adventures, use the following info as you plan your day. To get involved in rowing or canoe/kayak programs, check out our lessons and coached programs.
Purchase your day passes or season memberships online before you arrive, and complete a waiver for each person. You’ll find our seasonal hours here.
RIVERSPORT is located at the intersection of I35 and I40 in downtown OKC and is within walking distance of the city’s Bricktown entertainment district. Parking is $5; event parking is $10. Map us at 800 RIVERSPORT Dr., OKC.
You’ll need a reservation for the zip line or rafting. Zip line reservations are only available in person at Guest Services and are limited, so make yours early. Rafting reservations are available online or in person. All other adventures are on a walk-up basis.
Guest Services is located inside the McClendon Whitewater Center on the east end of the Boathouse District, 800 RIVERSPORT Dr. You can buy a pass and sign your waiver if you haven’t already done so. If you pre-purchased online, check in to receive a wristband which will give you access to the adventures included in your pass.
RIVERSPORT is now cashless to improve our service to you – and to keep costs down. No worries if you don’t have a credit or debit card. We offer a free service to convert your cash into a VISA credit card that you can use during your visit.
It is located inside the McClendon Whitewater Center. Any cash left on the card after your visit can be used at any restaurant or retailer who accepts credit cards.
You’ll want to stow your gear in a locker at the McClendon Whitewater Center. The locker is included in your RIVERSPORT+ pass or you can rent one for $5-$10. If you’re getting on the water, leave cell phones, jewelry, sunglasses, watches and car keys in your locker.
- Come early! We have a whole day’s worth of adventures waiting for you. Learn about all of our adventures here.
- If you want to zip line, check availability at Guest Services when you arrive. The zip has limited capacity each day and we sell out early.
- Give yourself plenty of time to park and make it to your rafting reservation. We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early and on Saturdays in the summer, up to an hour.
- Bring a change of clothes and a towel if you plan to raft or tube – you will get wet and for safety reasons, dry clothes are required on the Sky Trail, high speed slides, Rumble Drop and zip line.
- Free secure phone charging is available in the McClendon Whitewater Center courtesy of ATT.
- Wear secure shoes! It’s a safety thing – no Crocs or slides.
• PLAY HARD, PLAY SAFE Height and weight guidelines for all activities are available here. If you have any questions, email us or check with Guest Services when you arrive.
• WEAR SECURE SHOES or sandals with a backstrap – they are required. Flip-flops, slides and Crocs are not allowed for safety reasons. If you need shoes, we have inexpensive options in the RIVERSPORT Outfitter’s Shop.
• SECURE YOUR SUNGLASSES. If you don’t have a strap, we sell them in the Outfitter’s Shop.
• BE PREPARED TO GET WET if you go rafting, surfing, kayaking or stand up paddle boarding.
• LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES IN A LOCKER before heading to the raft trip talk or adventures. Cell phones, wallets, car keys and watches don’t float!
• THE MINIMUM WEIGHT REQUIREMENT for the Sky Zip is determined by wind speed and direction; check at the the base of the SandRidge Sky Trail for current information.
• WINDY OR INCLEMENT WEATHER may make it necessary to temporarily close an adventure; we will re-open it as soon as the weather clears.
Your visit to RIVERSPORT Rapids isn’t complete until you stop by RIVERSPORT Outfitters in the McClendon Whitewater Center. You’ll find cool T’s, hats in a variety of styles, and all the things you thought you packed but didn’t – water bottle, lip balm, sunglasses, and, of course, sunscreen.
Groups of 15-39 can purchase discounted passes online. Larger group? Contact group sales to learn more.
RIVERSPORT also offers Adventure Birthday parties – get all the details here.
Enjoy a great meal at Big Water Grill located inside the McClendon Whitewater Center! You’ll find salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, soft drinks and cold beer or wine – plus a full bar with signature cocktails! Enjoy your meal inside, on our covered patio or from our second
Need a quick bite? The Kayak Cafe´ in the SandRidge Youth Pavilion offers snacks and soft drinks.
Some days you want to do all the things. Other times, you just want to hang out – and we invite you to do just that! It’s free to come into RIVERSPORT, watch the action, grab a chair and enjoy the vibe. We also offer free live music and floating films on Saturdays in the summer.
We welcome dogs on leashes, have a free playground for the littles, and free WiFi so you can post your pics.
FREE WIFI PASSWORD – beourguest …be sure to tag us #riversportokc
Enjoy live music with our RIVERSPORT Summer Music Series every Saturday this summer and join us for free Floating Films in June, July, August and September.
We hope you enjoy your day at RIVERSPORT – and if you like it as much as we think you will, stop by Guest Services to upgrade your day pass to a membership for a whole season of fun!