- 2022 ICF SUP World Cup Athlete Info
- Spirit Spooktacular
- Special Events Information Page
- 2022 ICF Canoe Sprint Super Cup Athlete Info
- 2022 ICF SUP World Cup Location
- Get Involved
- Challenge the Dragon
- Flatwater Team Building Information
- Land, Sea & Air Team Building Information
- Sky’s the Limit Information
- Staff Login
- US Olympic & Paralympic Training Site
- Contact Us!
Challenge the Dragon Experience
Originating from Chinese fishing vessels, these festive boats are decorated with fierce dragon heads, colorful bodies and elaborate tails. The longest boats measure 18 meters long, are almost the length of a large metro bus and carry a team of 20 paddlers plus a drummer! Smaller boats carry teams of 10 paddlers and a drummer.
Bring your group to the Oklahoma River to Challenge the Dragon and let the fun begin as your team learns to paddle to the beat of the drummer while learning what it takes to move the boat across the water as a team. After a quick land lesson, participants will don PFDs, grab their paddles and climb aboard. During the session, participants will get hands-on experience in the importance of working together for a common goal.
The experience takes approximately 90 minutes and the schedule would be as follows:
- Basic dragon boating instruction on land
- Dragon boating on the water
- Debriefing session
In the event weather conditions make it unsafe to hold an outdoor or one-the-water team building experience your group may choose to reschedule your experience for another day.
Weather conditions that make it necessary to reschedule an on-the-water experience include:
- Sustained winds averaging 25 mph or higher
- Air temperature below 40 degrees or above 100 degrees
- Heavy rain (experiences can be held in light rain/mist)