About RIVERSPORT Rapids
RIVERSPORT Rapids, Oklahoma City’s new $45.2 million whitewater rafting and kayaking center, is now open! Located at the crossroads of the nation (I35 & I40), it is easily accessible to metro OKC residents as well as visitors to our city.
A state-of-the-art facility, RIVERSPORT Rapids is one of only a few in the world. It was designed by the same team that developed the UK’s Lee Valley White Water Centre for the 2012 London Olympics and is similar to North Carolina’s US National Whitewater Center.
Geared for both family fun and elite athlete training, the 11-acre RIVERSPORT Rapids whitewater center was completed as part of MAPS 3, the one-cent sales tax initiative dedicated to metro area projects.
Recirculating channels pumping treated water create class II-IV rapids and offer a range of experiences for whitewater rafting, tubing, kayaking and canoeing.
The lower flow channel offers great family rafting and tubing experiences – no previous experience necessary.
High-octane Class IV rapids on the Olympic style course will challenge elite athletes from around the world for both training and competition.
You’ll enjoy watching all the action from the new Big Water Grill restaurant overlooking the rapids, and be sure to check out the live music events, floating films, urban camping and family festivals planned throughout the year.
RIVERSPORT Rapids’ grounds are open to the public at no charge. Day and annual passes are available for whitewater rafting, tubing and RIVERSPORT Adventures.
Whether you’re coming for a “bucket list” adventure or an afternoon stroll, we look forward to welcoming you to RIVERSPORT Rapids!
RIVERSPORT Rapids Pumps
- RIVERSPORT Rapids are powered by a total of six pumps that weigh over 12,000 lbs each
- Each pump circulates 82,000 gallons per minute – a total of 492,000 gallons per minute. With these pumps, it would take 80 seconds to fill an Olympic size swimming pool
- The freestyle channel is the highest volume pumped whitewater channel in the world
Average Trip Length
- The trip down the recreational channel will be 15-20 minutes including the conveyor ride to the top of the run
- The competition channel will be a bit faster at 10-15 minutes
- Roughly 2,000 people are able to raft in a single day making OKC one of the biggest rafting facilities in the world
- RIVERSPORT Rapids provides rafting and kayaking for all levels of users, from novice to Olympic Champion
- The conveyor that pulls your raft to the top of the run is approximately 170’ long with a 21′ elevation change
- It is capable of moving nine fully-loaded rafts or 13,500 lbs at one time