Oklahoma Regatta Festival
The Oklahoma Regatta Festival returned to the Oklahoma River on September 29 to October 1, 2023.
OG&E NightSprints was held that Friday night from 5-10p, with the RIVERSPORT Corporate Rowing and Dragon Boat League championships. More than 25 local teams competed in this year’s races – see medalists and the full list of teams below.
Collegiate, masters and juniors racing in the OCU Head of the Oklahoma happened on Saturday, 8a-4:30p, and Sunday, 8a-noon.
The Oklahoma Regatta Festival wrapped up with the first-ever Paddlemania on that Sunday.
Last year’s cup winners included:
- Norick Cup – Oklahoma City University, First-place finisher of the Men’s Collegiate Eight Head Race
- Ackerman Cup – University of Wisconsin, First-place finisher of the Women’s Collegiate Eight Head Race
- Schnittman Cup – Oklahoma City University, First-place finisher of the Men’s Collegiate Four Head Race
Athletes and guests alike enjoyed RIVERSPORT adventures plus food trucks and lots of family fun!
RIVERSPORT 2023 Corporate Rowing League Teams
- Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
- VIARP Visually Impaired
- Phillips Murrah
- Flywheel Energy
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau
- Love’s Travel Stops
- Creative Kids
2023 RIVERSPORT Dragon Boat Teams
- Kamikaze Dragons – AARCORP
- Flying Dragons – AARCORP
- Silver Dragons – Spanish Cove
- Golden Dragons – Spanish Cove
- Love’s Hearts of Sunshine – Love’s
- Route 66ers
- Love’s Sunshine Express – Love’s
- bOLD Paddlers
- Longwavers – LongWave Inc.
- Woodward Primetime
- Y’s Crew – Earlywine YMCA
- Paddle Junkies – Creative Kids
- Dragon Slayers
- Lady Vikings
- Speed Dragons
2021 Oklahoma Regatta Festival Sponsors
Oklahoma Regatta Festival History
Established in 2004, the Oklahoma Regatta Festival takes place annually during the first or second weekend in October in the Boathouse District, downtown on the Oklahoma River. The three-day celebration of rowing, kayaking, dragon boating, whitewater rafting and family fun includes the Oklahoma City University Head of the Oklahoma race, OG&E NightSprints, and a family festival featuring food trucks, fireworks, beer gardens, a front row seat for all the racing – and RIVERSPORT Adventures!
The annual OCU Head of the Oklahoma includes 2.5 mile (4k) head racing during the day featuring teams from across the country competing in collegiate, masters, and junior rowing as well as kayak and dragon boat racing.
The 500-meter OG&E NightSprints are held on the river after the sun goesdown, creating an electrifying atmosphere for competitors and spectators alike.
Each year the Oklahoma Regatta Festival features special community activities and exhibitions. In 2019, the Outdoor Foundation announced the presentation of a grant at the event followed by the OKC Thrive Outside Expo on Saturday. Local & national organizations showcased hands-on experiences for families to learn about outdoor opportunities.