2019 Dragon Boat League Season Dates:
Spring: April 7 – June 15
Fall: July 14 – September 21
Dragon boating is the world’s fastest growing water sport, and it’s a great way to get on the water with family, friends or colleagues. The oversized canoe has a dragon head and tail, and everyone paddles to the beat of a drummer.
Each RIVERSPORT Dragon Boat League season includes a 90-minute practice one day a week for 10 consecutive weeks under the supervision of a boathouse coach. Choose a time slot – whatever day works best for your team of 12-15 paddlers from your church, civic organization, family or office. Or, join by yourself and be placed on Team RIVERSPORT! No previous paddling or boating experience is required. Dragon Boat League season pricing begins at $1600 for a team and $150 for an individual. The participation fee includes all lessons, event entry fees, coaching and equipment.
The two seasons of Dragon Boat League take place in April and July. The spring season leads up to the Stars & Stripes River Festival in June and the fall season culminates with the OGE NightSprints during the Oklahoma Regatta Festival in October. Teams can participate in one season or sign up for both seasons. Team members have unlimited access to the fitness facilities in the Chesapeake Boathouse and RIVERSPORT Adventures in the Boathouse District and at Lake Overholser (excluding the SandRidge Sky Zip), and get to enjoy a weekly social and cookout(view schedule below). Must be 18 years or older to participate.
For more information and to enroll your team, email us or call (405) 552-4040.
2019 Spring Season Cookout Dates
- Tuesday, April 2 – Big Water Grill
- Wednesday, April 10 – Chesapeake Boathouse
- Thursday, April 18 – Chesapeake Boathouse
- Friday, April 26 – Big Water Grill
- Monday, April 29 – Chesapeake Boathouse
- Tuesday, May 7 – Chesapeake Boathouse
- Wednesday, May 15 – Big Water Grill
- Thursday, May 23 – Chesapeake Boathouse
- Friday, May 31 – Chesapeake Boathouse
- Monday, June 3 – Big Water Grill
- Tuesday, June 11 – Chesapeake Boathouse
- Thursday, June 20 – Big Water Grill
Fall Season Cookout Dates will be announced in June 2019