The OKC Boathouse Foundation welcomes you to the USRowing National High Performance Center on the Oklahoma River. The USRowing National High Performance Center provides a comprehensive program for Senior-level men and women, lightweight and heavyweight, to become successful oarsmen. The center is a state-of-the-art training facility, focused on developing and training world-class rowers in small boats including the single, pair and double. The Center will support athletes in Olympic-class Trials and National Team selection. Oklahoma City is also being developed as a national center for coaching education.
Our team is made up of athletes dedicated to the pursuit of the highest level of excellence in the sport of rowing. Our goal is to earn the honor of competing for our country internationally and bring prestige to ourselves, the United States and the Oklahoma City National High Performance Center. We champion each other as teammates and challenge each other as competitors. Our dedication, perseverance and drive embody the vision for the Oklahoma City National High Performance Center as we strive to reach our goals.
Our mission is to develop world-class athletes, and to ensure a clearly defined pathway for excellence in the sport of rowing.
We invite you to learn more about the USRowing National High Performance Center and the training opportunities now being offered, including camps and clinics. Email us for info.
OKC High Performance Coaching Clinic
$110 Early Bird Registration fee by February 17
$140 Registration fee after February 17
USRowing National High Performance Center
Boathouse District, Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City is a training ground for high level athletes, and a great place for coaches to get firsthand experience working with the experts. The OKC High Performance Coaching Clinic is an opportunity for high school and college coaches in the Central Region to connect with specialists. This is a comprehensive clinic for coaching development, focused on communication, biomechanics and nutrition.
Coaching Clinic Program
Friday, March 9
• Sparks Consulting Group Presentation by Leanne Davis, Director of Counseling, Sparks Consulting
Saturday, March 10
• BioRow Live On-the-water Testing Session with Dr. Valery Kleshnev, Biomechanist, BioRow
• High performance athletes will complete a 2000m step test and all the data will be recorded with state-of-the-art BioRow technology.
• Coaches will observe the testing from the motor boat, and later they will be able to cross reference those observations to the data evidence.
• USOC Coaching Education Presentation by Nadine Dubina, Coaching Development Manager, U.S. Olympic Committee
• Fueling the Rower for Success by Liz Fusco, Dietician, USRowing
• BioRow Testing Data Discussion with Dr. Valery Kleshnev,
• Presentation of the results, followed by Q&A.
Sunday, March 11
• BioRow Testing Data Implementation with the athletes. “Putting the Data to Work”.
Registration will close March 4 or when a maximum of 20 participants is reached. Hotel and meals are not included in registration cost. For additional information, please email Reilly Dampeer, Head Coach and High Performance Program Manager.