RIVERSPORT Phase II
As state and local authorities have lifted restrictions associated with COVID-19, RIVERSPORT has developed plans for a phased re-opening.
Whitewater rafting, tubing and kayaking, the Sky Trail, Sky Slides and Youth Zone open Memorial Day weekend. Pump tracks and the mountain bike skills course remain open. Kayak and stand up paddle board rentals are open at all three locations: downtown in the Boathouse District, at Lake Overholser and Lake Hefner. Adventures at Lake Overholser remain closed.
Summer camps will be held beginning in June with modified plans that include limiting camper group sizes and adjusting pickup/dropoff procedures to limit interactions.
Coached programs will begin practices during Phase II. Qualified rowing and canoe/kayak members have the opportunity to get on the water in a single rowing shell or sprint kayak during reserved times and with coach approval. All members are invited to get on the water in a rec kayak or SUP during RIVERSPORT Adventure hours.
RIVERSPORT buildings will re-open Memorial Day weekend for restrooms.
RIVERSPORT is instituting precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus by conducting all interactions outdoors, disinfecting all equipment between uses, and requiring hand sanitizer use before and after activities. Since these precautions will slow operations, we ask for everyone’s patience.
For guest, member and staff safety, the following protocols have been established.
- Will be monitored daily for potential exposure and symptoms including temperature checks
- Are required to wear a face mask while in the venue
- Are required use hand sanitizer before and after each member/guest encounter
- Are required to maintain social distancing
- Will frequently disinfect high touch surfaces
- Will manage guest interactions to maintain group sizes at 10 or fewer in any one location
- Staff will engage physically with guests/members only if immediate safety is at risk
- Maintain safe social distancing
- Use hand sanitizer both before and after paddling
- Fasten PFDs and launch boats with only verbal assistance from staff
- Wear a face mask while in proximity to staff or other guests/members (recommended, not required)
- Do not participate if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus or know that you have been exposed
- Kayaks and SUPs will be spaced six or more feet apart on the launch dock
- RIVERSPORT will disinfect all equipment, rafts, tubes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards and paddles using antimicrobial disinfectant which will be allowed to sit on each piece of equipment for a minimum of ten minutes before being used by a guest
- PFDs will be submerged in a solution of antimicrobial disinfectant and allowed to dry for 10 minutes before being used by a guest.
- iPads will be disinfected after each use
- High touch surfaces such as door handle, counters, etc., will be disinfected hourly
RIVERSPORT has developed these plans based on the Open Up and Recover Safely (OURS) Plan implemented by Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt and Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt’s revised Proclamation of State of Emergency for the city .
All plans are subject to change based on emerging state, local and CDC guidelines and RIVERSPORT’s ability to staff and operate activities appropriately.
Information included in this document will be updated as the situation continues to evolve.